Guidance - Smoothies
“Being healthy feels better than anything could possibly taste”
That being said, health can still taste pretty damn good.
Rule of Thumb - 45% Vegetables 45% Fruit 10% Herbs
1-2 Scoops of your select Raw Meal or Raw Protein
Add your choice of water, orange juice, nut milk, etc.
Add more fruit to make it tastier.
Add more Veggies to keep you from hunger for longer periods of time – esp. carrots
Atleast half of your veggies as leafy greens such as Turnip, Kale, Spinach, Chard, Spring Mix, etc.
Herbs are for extra healing nutrients and detox
With this general framework, you can make thousands of different smoothie combinations. Be creative! Have fun. Go with your inspiration. Here are a few successes from my experimenting:
- Handful of greens (such as baby kale, spinach, or spring mix), handful of frozen fruit, a scoop of healthy supplemental powder. Boom. Done. Quicker than McDonalds.
– add ½ inch of turmeric, ginger and a clove of garlic to make it a tasty detox smoothie
- 1 large beet, 1 inch of ginger, handful of greens, 2 apples, hemp seeds or Raw Meal
- 3 stalks of celery, 3 carrots with greens, 2 swiss chard leaves, 1 big sweet apple, handful of blueberries, 1 scoop of Raw Meal
- 1 Medium Beet w/ green top, 3 carrots with green tops, 10 strawberries (always organic), handful of spring mix, 12-15 sprigs of cilantro (about 10 inches long), ½ teaspoon of spirulina, teaspoon of maca powder, 2 scoops of Raw Meal
That said, you don’t need to stick to this framework. A few of my favorites that don’t stick to this are
- Peanut Butter, Banana, Chocolate Almond Milk – ½ scoop of raw meal (optional)
- Banana and frozen Blueberries with one scoop of Raw Meal
- Frozen Mango chunks with 1-2 scoops of Raw Meal
- Frozen Strawberry and Banana with or without Raw Meal
- 2-4 Carrots, 1 Apple, Ginger (half inch – one inch chunk) and Raw Meal
- 2 lemons, 3 green apples, 2 oz of agave nectar, 30 oz of water
Pitfall - Don’t ever put carrot or beet greens or anything long and thin for that matter, in the blender without cutting them up first. They wrap around the blades and can burn up the motor.